How To Install Android Nougat 7.0 On OnePlus One
AOSP Android 7 Nougat is now out for OnePlus One, the developers are working quite hard to improve the standards of the Custom Rom based on AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for One Plus one. Earlier we saw Android Nougat Custom Rom Unofficial for Nexus 4 as well. This time we are with OnePlus One running Android Nougat 7 based on AOSP source released by Google. Although Android 7 Nougat on OnePlus One is not yet officially released, but it is worth trying the same on your Oneplus one A0001.
Procedure To Install Android Nougat 7 on OnePlus One A0001 :
Note : Please take backup of your current ROM, as this CM14 rom is not that stable that it can be used as Daily Driver! And Yes backup can save you all many times!
Step 2 : Place the downloaded Android Nougat AOSP Rom for OnePlus One on your phone and reboot your phone into Recovery Mode and First Factory Reset, then Wipe All Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache. Now head over to Install Zip which you downloaded earlier.
Step 3 : Wait for the installation to be completed. Once done, Flash latest GApps for Oneplus One running Android 7 Nougat. (Do not Flash GApps for Now)
Step 4 : Start your OnePlus One A0001 normally! And you have successfully installed CM14 on OnePlus One A0001 based on AOSP Android 7 Nougat.
More about OnePlus One Android 7 Nougat ROM :
What’s Working On AOSP Android 7 ROM for OnePlusOne A0001 :
- Everything is working so far except the listed entities in new para 😛
- Notification Toggles Working Fine,
- MultiWindow is also working awesome as you can see in the screenshot –
What’s not working on AOSP Android Nougat 7 Rom for OnePlus One:
- Video Hardware Encoding, causing video camcorder to fail
- The proprietary firmware and blobs are still in the age of Marshmallow, and a system won’t be complete without corresponding firmware and blobs.
- You Report
1. HW disk encryption is likely broken. I reverted some commits to make cryptfs_hw build, but I’m not sure if that works. Do not try it.
2. SELinux is permissive, and init allows service without a SELinux domain to start.
3. GPS may take longer to fix.
4. Only Launcher2 is included. You may install a new one as you like.
5. No LiveDisplay and gestures except DT2W (DT2W can not be turned off via Settings app for now)
6. Default input method could be broken. Be ready to “pm install your_ime.apk” in adb shell.
7. com.qti.dpmserviceapp may produce continuous FC. You can disable it via adb shell (“pm disable com.qti.dpmserviceapp”).
Some Bug Fixes After OnePlus One Install of Android Nougat RoM :
- Using ADB on your PC, disable the com.qti.dpmserviceapp package by running following commands:
You should see a device in the list of devices connectedCode:
adb shell pm disable com.qti.dpmserviceapp
If you get error with permissions, you may need root. If your device is rooted:Code:
su pm disable com.qti.dpmserviceapp
(SKIP 5, 6 & 7 if you do not need Google services)
- Now reboot into recovery and flash a compatible GApps package (USE 7.0 GAPPS ONLY)
Boot into ROM
- Go to Settings>Apps
Find Google Play Services, and go to its Permissions. Enable essential permissions. Now Play Services won’t keep crashing on you. Also find Google Contact Sync and give it permission to access Contacts.
- Go to Settings>Accounts and add your Google account
As this Android 7 Nougat Update for OnePlus One is unofficial and is still in development stage, so we would like to know your feedback as well in order to improve the standards of ROM for OnePlus One.
FAQ regarding OnePlus One Android Nougat AOSP based ROM :
- How to root Android 7 Nougat on OnePlus One :
SuperSU 2.76 stable is confirmed to be working. But I haven’t installed any Gapps. (OpenGapps says we need to work around new signing mechanism)
- F2FS? I did not test this myself… But kernel has support already (of cource, it’s from CM) so you may have a try. Remember to backup!
- Menu key / App switcher?
Menu key now acts as recents, since I don’t think the former is as useful as the latter. And there is no more lag while tapping home button since we don’t check for double tap anymore.
- TWRP shows error?
If that’s two lines of “log”, you can safely ignore it.
If there is something else, please stop and post it here.
Reference: I’m using official TWRP 3.0.2
- Disable HW keys, enable soft keys, screen color calibration?
Disable HW keys: echo 0 > /proc/touchpanel/keypad_enable (needs repeat on reboot)
Enable soft keys: echo “qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 >> /system/build.prop (once)
Screen color calibration: echo “32768 31784 27852” > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rgb (needs repeat on reboot, change the values as you need. This example is 100% R, 97% G, 85% B)
Optionally you can enable color enhancing: echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/color_enhance
Still have other doubts, please feel free to comment, we will be at your service! Do Subscribe to the website for more important updates regarding Android CM14 for OnePlus One A0001.
Sincere thanks to XDA member updateing for such a spontaneous work for OnePlus One!