How to Run Mac On Windows -XP,7,8,8.1,10
Mac OS X is an advanced operating system, easy to use and extremely stable when used daily, and sometimes one would prefer to have OSX on PC rather than using Windows 7 or latest Windows 10. Well we have brought something interesting for you – The Guide to Run OSX on Windows which means users can Run Mac OS alongside Windows 7,8,8.1. The aim of installing Mac On Windows will be achieved by Virtual Technology. Many users aspire to buy Apple powered Macbook or any other premium Mac OS X running Apple device, but as we know that all can’t afford it, but atleast one can make ends meet by getting Mac OSx experience on Windows with very few steps.
Here is the glimpse of the result that you will see after you install mac on windows 7 on laptop :
Also Read : Dual Boot Windows 10 alongside Android
Methods to Dual Boot Mac alongside Windows on PC or Laptop
We actually have two methods by which you will be able to use Mac On Windows PC –
- Buy Apple’s Macbook which will cost you three times you buy a new Window powered Laptop.
- Use this tutorial and little tech work which will cost you nothing but will give you a feeling of self-satisfaction that you have installed Mac OS on PC without spending even a penny.
So I would like to go by procedure 2 as that is very easy and hope you will not mind it 😛 So now the basic question that arises is – How to Run Mac On Windows -XP,7,8,8.1,10 – Follow up this easy tutorial to Install or Run OSX on Windows PC without losing important data or compromising with the Speed of your PC.
Requirements to Run Mac On Windows
The Basic Requirements to Run MAC on PC or Laptop or to Install Mac OS X (10.5 and above) on Virtual Machine VMWare. As VMWare is a virtual machine so it runs alongside windows and unlike other Operating System which we run using VMware, we need little more hardware requirements to run Mac on Vmware.
- 8 GB RAM will give you more than enough speed to cope up with the load of Mac OS on Virtual Machine
- Intel Core i3, i5, i7 will work like a charm.
- 128 GB of storage available on the hard disk to make Mac run without errors on PC.
It is not compulsory to have the above requirements. But lower than this will result into slow performance by the VMWare Workstation while loading MAC. But one can always give it a try to Run OSX on Windows with whatever config you have.
Tools Needed to Install Mac On Windows PC or laptop
To run mac on windows VMware one need to have few essentials that will equip you up to Run MAC OS-X alongside windows smoothly.first and the foremost software we require is the VMWare Virtual Machine itself. Download
First and the foremost software we require is the VMWare Virtual Machine itself. Download VMware Workstation from here.
VMWare is not the only one software required to Install MAC on Windows 7,8 or 10; You require an essential Unlocker as well. Download Latest MaC Unlocker required to Install Mac OSX on Windows from link in the Social Locker Below. [Like/+1/Tweet in order to Download latest Mac Unlocker]
[sociallocker id=”3682″]Download Unlocker 2.0.8[/sociallocker]
Now Download the Essential VMDK Disk image of OSX that you will be using for running mac on windows from here and extract the same with xnohat as password 🙂
How To Run Mac On Windows [Guide]
- Step 1: Install the latest virtual technology powered VMWare Workstation which can be done easily by following on-screen instructions.
- Step 2: Now the real task starts here- Unzip the Unlocker 2.0.8 which you downloaded from second link and then Run the file named “win-install.cmd“. We would recommend that you run the file as Administrator.
- Step 3: Once you run the file, wait for a while until the patch gets complete to Unlock Mac OS X on VMware. Now Open Vmware Application and go to New VMWare Virtual Machine (Auto Method). Now New Virtual Machine Wizard will pop up, select Apple Mac OS X from the list and in the Version select the latest version Mac OS X 10.7 or any later version.
- Step 4: Tap on Next and you will see Mac OS X 10.7 Virtual Machine Created that will be running Mac OS on Windows via Virtual Technology. Now we need to configure the Hardware in order to run Mac OS X smoothly on PC. So to do it, tap on Edit Virtual Machine Settings that will appear inside Mac OS X 10.7 tab –
- Step 5: Click the Add button in the next window that pop-ups to select Hard Disk Space and tap on Next for twice and then select ” Use an Existing Virtual Disk”, tap again on Next. Now select Disk File [Downloaded Earlier], i.e the Mac OS X Lion Installer.vmdk. Now tap on finish. By this you will link your Hard Disk with Mac Os for PC.
- Step 6: Once you successfully finish the setup of Virtual Machine of OS x On Vmware, Tap on Blue coloured Play Button that will trigger Mac on windows via VMware.
- Step 7: This is it, Now just follow the on-screen instructions that will lead to install Mac OS X on laptop or Mac on Windows 7 without any problem.
You can hereafter link your CD Drive, Internet connection etc via editing settings of the Virtual Machine! If you are facing any problem to run OS-X on windows or if you want to share your views, do comment here, We will be at your service!
Running Mac OS X on Windows via Dual Boot is not a very hard task as well, but then the procedure mentioned here to Install Mac alongside Windows using VMware is of much use compared to totally formatting the system for Hackintosh. Do let us know if you are looking for Hackintosh tutorials in the comments section.