Hello guys, after guiding you all to unlock bootloader of Micromax Canvas A1, today we are back with another important development for Micromax Canvas A1 or Micromax Canvas AQ4501 which will aim to install Philz Touch CWM for Micromax Canvas A1 after which one can easily root his/her Android One smartphone- Micromax Canvas A1.
Things you need to be equipped with before proceeding with installing Philz Touch CWM for Micromax Canvas A1:
1. You must have unlocked Bootloader. If you have not unlocked it yet, then read our earlier article to Unlock Bootloader of Micromax Canvas A1 and then proceed.
2. Download Philz Recovery installer script prepared by us to make the task easier. One can plus one or like or tweet in order to unlock the link to download the script.
[sociallocker]Download Recovery Installer Script[/sociallocker]
3. Download Philz Touch CWM recovery for Micromax Canvas A1 from below: [sociallocker]
Download Philz Touch Recovery for MMX Canvas A1 [/sociallocker]
4. Do take backup of important data like contacts and apps which will be helpful in case you brick your device.
Procedure to install Philz Touch CWM for Micromax Canvas A1:
1. First enable USB Debugging in your phone and connect to PC
2. Now copy the downloaded Recovery.img to the Recovery Installer Folder which you downloaded earlier And extracted. And make sure that Recovery.img and Recovery Installer.bat must be in the same folder.
3. Run Recovery Installer.bat And follow onscreen instructions.
4. Now you are done with installing Philz Touch CWM for Micromax Canvas A1. To see if it is working or not. Just boot into Bootloader mode by simultaneously pressing and volume up button and then select Recovery[boot] by pressing volume down key. And welcome to Philz Touch CWM for Micromax Canvas A1.
Philz Touch CWM for Micromax Canvas A1 is touch enabled CWM custom recovery ported by great XDA dev varun.chitre15. One can see few screenshots here of Philz Touch Recovery:
I would suggest you all to take a backup of existing ROM by going to Backup and Restore and Then Tapping on ” Create Backup on External SD Card”. Do not tap on Create backup at SD card as it will create a backup in internal storage and hence consume memory of apps storage and hence less storage for apps.