Hello guys, after seeing many guys facing difficulty in changing the bootversion of Xperia C to make it compatible to Install Custom recovery on Xperia C and thereafter increasing Apps Storage Space to 2GB we have finally made an Easy Guide To Change Bootversion in Xperia C after which no devices will be bricked which is promise of ours. All you need is to follow this Easy Guide To Change Bootversion in Xperia C.
For whom is this Easy Guide To Change Bootversion in Xperia C for ?
Xperia C users who DO NOT HAVE S1 BOOTVERSION AS 2.14.J.2.6 or 2.14.J.2.13 or 2.14.J.2.16 Must PROCEED WITH THIS GUIDE 🙂 In this tutorial we will guide you to get the desired bootversion.
To check the S1 BootVersion one can
- Dial *#*#7378423#*#* on your phone dialing pad and Click service info, check software info. And if your S1 Bootversion is not as mentioned above then proceed. Like for the user as you can see in the screenshot he needs to proceed further. 🙂
Benefits of Changing the Boot Version of Xperia C:
- One can easily Install Custom Recovery On Xperia C without losing Data after following this guide.
- No chance of Bricking your phone which you earlier faced.
- Easy way to change S1 Boot version 2.14.J.0.68 or any other Undesired to required one.
First of all download the following Things that will help you to cope with this guide :
One can see the download links if you Like or +1 or Tweet us.
- Download ADB Drivers from here : Download
- Download Wmshau Perfect Brush from here : Download
- Xperia C must be rooted. Check here : Root Xperia C
- Download Bootversion Change ftf from here : Download
Easy Guide To Change Bootversion in Xperia C:
- Install and Run Wmshau Perfect Brush you will see the software runs in Chinese Language. To change the language to English one can rename the language folder C:\Program Files\完美刷机\language_x like this. restart the flash tool now you will get English language (Thanks to Xenon1978 XDA for this)
- Now Enable USB Debugging On Xperia C and connect it to PC.(To enable :Go to settings > developer options > USB debugging.If you don’t have developer option, go to settings > about phone > press on the build number a couple of times until it says ‘you are now a developer.)Now Connect Xperia C to PC with USB debugging Enabled. Your phone will be detected by the Perfect Brush. Now Click the Large button as a result you will now see the Drivers of your phone starts installing on the PC as shown (Needs Net Connection):
- Click to Key brush as shown in the picture above after getting detected. You will see window like this:
- Now Tap on 1 and select the ftf which you downloaded in the beginning with the name: Xperia C Easy Bootversion Change.ftf and then Press on 2. i.e start flash.
- Now the flash will start, When you get a screen showing a Sony Phone like this :Then unplug your phone and SHUT DOWN XPERIA C then By Pressing Volume Down Key Plug your USB cable to Phone and wait for Perfect brush to detect.After this Xperia C gets detected in flash mode and then leave the rest on the software.
- After successful flashing the ftf, Restart your phone or it will Restart itself. . Now Check the S1 Boot Version again. I am sure this time it will be 2.14.J.2.6 or 2.14.J2.13 or 2.14.J.2.16 as in the screenshot below :
- Now One can easily proceed to Increase Apps Storage Space To 2GB without fear.