Rooting Xperia C
Rooting Xperia C is not a task which is difficult to proceed with. But it is the fear of bricking of Xperia C which really engulfs all of the newbies reading this article ;). But for now, Xperia C users need not to worry as I am redefining Rooting Xperia C in a much detailed manner for the welfare of Xperia C users. So for now you will need not to worry for a second of bricking or facing hanging problems and simply proceed to Root Xperia C.
You may also like to read : Update to Latest Build 16.0.B.2.16 Offline
Rooting Xperia C will enable all the guys to explore the real potential of your XperiaC and thus make full use of it and get self-satisfaction for the bugs you paid for the utilization of the hardware of Xperia C. It helps you to install Android 4.3 themes on your Android 4.2.2 running Xperia C and many other wonderful tweaks.
Now the Question arises: “ Sir, What will happen to the warranty of my Phone if I Root my Xperia C.” The answer is too simple : “Although warranty gets void; but till date none of the Xperia C users has been denied of the warranty although took the phone to service center after rooting it. If still you are hesitating then I have good news : One can easily unroot Xperia C by following Rooting Xperia C part II which is given below. :P”
To dig one’s phone into detail, one must root his/her phone. So let us Proceed with this guide of Rooting and Unrooting Xperia C.
Tools you must be well equipped with :
- Sony Xperia C smartphone.
- Framaroot App : One can download it from the link here: Download Latest Framaroot for Xperia C.
You may also like to read: Xperia Z1 ROM for Xperia C
#Instructions on Rooting Xperia C:
- Install the downloaded framaroot app.
- Open framaroot. There you will see the various exploits using which we will root Xperia C. Remember that in the dropdown list it is mentioned as : “Install Super SU”.
- Now tap on Boromir exploit and tap on ok. You will see a success message like this:
- Simply restart your phone. Do not worry if it takes time to restart.
- You will see Android is Upgrading, which means you have successfully rooted your Xperia C.
- Now you can see Super SU app in your Application list. Open it. If you get any popup asking to update SU. Then tap on Normal mode instead of tapping on Recovery method. And let the Super SU do its work and wait till the binaries get installed and you are done.
Many of you might have a question : “ I don’t see any app in the Super SU.” To which I will surely answer: “ This is because you have not yet installed any app that require root access I mean that requires special permissions to perform tasks. One can also check the same by installing Root Checker app from playstore and if you get popup saying Grant Super User Permissions then tap on yes. There you wil see the status as rooted and again you can open Super SU where you will see Root Checker in the App list.”
And hence you have successfully rooted Xperia C.
#Instructions to Unroot Xperia C:
- Install framaroot and run it.
- Remember that in the drop down menu it is shown as “Unroot”.
- Then Tap on Boromir or the exploit you used for rooting Xperia C and wait for the Success message.
- Restart your phone and you will see that the Super SU app disappears from the App list. By this you have successfully Unrooted your Xperia C and have gained the so-called warranty. 😛
I have also made a video demonstrating Rooting and Unrooting Xperia C:
If still you are facing problems then please feel free to comment!