With latest update to Build 16.0.B.2.16 for Xperia C which can also be updated directly offline for those who have not got the update officially (Download Links Working), we are again presenting you a beautiful present -> Easy Guide to Deodex Xperia C Build 16.0.B.2.16.
Many of you might be pondering – What are the Benefits if we deodex Xperia C stock ROM?
Ans: Deodexing Stock Xperia C ROM will open possibilities for the masses to modify their apps in a better way without much tensions about boot loops or fear of not working. One can easily Install Engineering Menu or make Engineering Menu work on Xperia C. It will also enable you to mod your stock firmware as per your wish. (Like Modding systemui.apk or framework etc)
UPDATE : Now One Can Directly Deodex Xperia C latest build With CWM, that too without data loss.
Simply flash the zip from the download link (which can be seen after unlock of the locker) and then boot into recovery and flash the zip. First Boot Up might take little time.
[sociallocker]Download Xperia C Deodexed CWM Flashable ZIP[/sociallocker]
The best part of this procedure is you will have NO data loss which is there if you follow below procedure.
Now you can safely proceed to install Xperia C mods, like Lollipop Settings and many more.
Eligibility to proceed with Easy Guide to Deodex Xperia C Build 16.0.B.2.16 :
- Xperia C must be rooted. If it is not rooted then read: Rooting Xperia C.
- You must run on latest Xperia Build 16.0.B.2.16 (Any version either Western or Eastern) .
- Now Download Xperia C Deodexer, which is a zip file which must be extracted first in the place you can remember. Download Link : Xperia C Build 16.0.B.2.16 Deodexed Zip
- Last but not the least, one must check that Bluestacks is not running on your pc. To check it one can just open task manager and kill the bluestack app if running.
Note: The one who have Installed CWM on their Western Firmwares can take backup in order to be on the safe side. 😉
Now let is proceed with Easy Guide to Deodex Xperia C Build 16.0.B.2.16 :
Remember that all your Data will be deleted! (All apps, contacts, Messages etc. So Take a backup and then proceed! )
- Enable USB debugging on Xperia C by going to settings> Developer Options and by checking USB debugging. If Developer Options is not available then one can first go to settings and then go to About Phone and then Tap on Build Number for more than 5 to 6 times continuously until you get a popup saying you are now a developer. Then go back you will see Developer options in settings!
- Extract the downloaded Zip folder and open it. It will have two things as can be seen in the image
- Place the xc_stock_deodexer folder in the direct SD Card of Xperia C. Be sure you have placed all the files to the SD Card only.
- Now simply run the XC deodexer and proceed as per the instructions in the app and and if you get popup on your phone asking for Root Permissions then simply tap on grant! And thats it! Here starts the deodexing of the stock ROM of Xperia C.
- Wait until your phone restarts automatically. Do not unplug the phone until it restarts or the program closes.
Do not get panic if your phone takes lot of time to restart as it will take in first bootup.
You have now successfully deodexed stock Xperia C firmware! Now carry on your modifications!
Credits: Thanks to my ever helper Prashanth Jraj for finding an alternative to CWM after which one can easily install ROM regardless of boot version and no bootloops finally me too. 😉
Do not forget to share this article and hence help others. Struck anywhere then feel free to comment!
Upcoming Article : Dolby Digital Plus for Xperia C.