After successfully porting Carliv Touch CWM for Xperia C we couldn’t just stop the development for Xperia C there itself. So we again tested and ported TWRP for Xperia C or TWRP Recovery for Xperia C. The important thing is that – TWRP is far better than other recoveries as it has much more functions than other recoveries.
Credits : Scripts created by : michfood,javuum and yuweng from XDA; TWRP for Xperia C is ported by Santosh and Prashanth (XDA members and our well wishers) and successfully tested by Informationlord.com’s admin : Somesh Chaudhary on our Xperia C.
You may also like to read : How to save battery life of android phone by setting CPU speed.
Procedure to install TWRP for Xperia C :
- Make sure that your Xperia C is rooted. If your Xperia C is not rooted then read our article to Root Xperia C.
- Now mark this point : See that your S1 Boot Version is 2.14.J.2.6 or 2.14.J2.13 , To check the boot version just
- Dial *#*#7378423#*#* on your phone dialing pad and Click service info, check software info
after confirming your boot version then proceed with this tutorial. If you do not have this boot version then read this post to change the boot version of Xperia C and then proceed to TWRP for Xperia C.
- If you earlier installed CWM on Xperia C , then do not worry; just follow these steps to successfully install TWRP for Xperia C or Team Win Recovery Project for Xperia C.
- Now download Mobile Uncle Mtk Tools from Playstore.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Xperia C from here and place the recovery on your SD card.
- Now after installing Mobile Uncle MTK tools on your Xperia C; Just open it And select Recovery Update and this app will scan for the recovery.img.
- Once Ported TRWP Recovery.img is found, then tap on it to install it. And select to boot into recovery.
- If you are not booted into recovery, then just turn off your phone and Power on using Power button and Volume Down simultaneously.
- Now your phone will be booted into TWRP Recovery successfully. Enjoy and explore your new TWRP for Xperia C which is quiet interesting with lots of features.
Quick overview of the special advantages of TWRP over other Recoveries :
- Swipe feature to confirm your action which reduces your risk of accidental damage in recovery.
- Powerful action to select specified functions of the particular topic like while Backup or Restore or while installing any ROM.
- File Manager to browse packages located on both storage : SD Card and Mobile Storage.
- Navigation bars with three buttons which you normally see in Live Xperia C.
Here are few screenshots of the Live TWRP for Xperia C :
If this article of TWRP for Xperia C helped you a little then don’t forget to Like our Facebook fan page by just pressing like button from the Facebook like Box on the right side of the page and also subscribe to our site for more such interesting updates on Xperia C.
Upcoming: CWM 6.1 For Xperia C
If you are struck anywhere, just drop a comment. We will be at your service as soon as possible.